Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Jane Blevins Cooper Pension, September 1858, Oaths of Witnesses

Jane Cooper 1858 Oaths of Witnesses

Oaths of Witnesses of 1858
Pension Files of Jane Cooper

[Transcript begins]:

Sworn to and subscribed before me the day and year above written and I certify that I believe the applicant to be the widow of the said soldier I also certify that I am not Interested in this claim or concerned in the Result there of

Mark Hale [seal]
Justice of the Peace
State of Georgia }
County of Dade   } 

On this the fifteenth day of September Eighteen hundred and fifty Eight. Personally appeared before me Mark Hale a Justice of the Peace in and for said county. The Two Persons whose names are undersigned Residents of the county of Dade and state of Georgia who being Duly sworn according to Law declared that M~s Jane Cooper is the Identical Person she Represents hir self to be from the fact that they knew hir in hir husbands Life time who was Isaac Cooper that hir and hir husband Isaac Cooper Lived to gether as husband & wife and to be so Reputed and that hir husband [went?] with Captain William D Fullton & his Company to the war with Mexico & that it was Reported he [taken sick?] & died in the year 1847 that they have known hir ever since the year -1847- and that she has not maried since and yet Remains the widow of the Late Isaac Cooper and that they kew she Drew a pension at Mobile in the agency of Alabama from the 24th day of December 1852 to the Twenty fourth day of December 1857 at the Rates of half pay Three Dollars and fifty Cents p~ month. They swor that they are disinterested witnesses and that hir signature is genuine written in their Present,

  Alex~r B Hanna
William Blevens
Subscribed and sworn to before me the day and year first above written and I hereby certify that Alex~r B Hanna and William Blevens are credible witnesses. I also certify that I am not intristed in this matter or concerned with the Result thereof

  Mark Hale [seal]
Justice of the Peace
State of Georgia }
Dade County   }

I Serug Killion clerk of the Superior court of said county do certify that Mark Hale is and was at the time of assigning the foregoing Declaration was a Justice of the Peace in and for said County duly Elected and commissioned and that all hir acts as such is entitled to full faith and credit and that his* signature is genuine

Given under my hand and seal of office in Trinton this 17th day of September 1858

  Serug Killion clk
Superior Court
[large court seal of wax]

---------------------------------

Transcribed by D.K. Pritchett from a photocopy of the court document. This file dated 25 June 2001.

Note: It now appears to me that I have one of the J.P. attestations before the actual document, and might have gotten the page out of order. If I find the documents, I'll check this.

Old URL (no longer extant): http://www.southernmuse.com/genealogy/cooper/jane1858c.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment