Saturday, May 18, 2019

Elisha Bryant Name Search: Indexed Records from My Old Files

Elisha Bryant is one of my brick walls. I will post his information later, but here are some miscellaneous (probably unrelated) records associated with my search for Elisha.

These are indexed records found by searching for the name. I concentrated my search in Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama, paying special attention to records related to Bryants in the center of that tri-state area (where those three states meet): Dade County, Georgia; Jackson County, Alabama; and Marion County, Tennessee. However, I found these Bryants who were in Southern states, but not necessarily in the three states or the specific counties I was concentrating on.

Elisha Bryant
3rd Cavalry Regt, Co. G
USA
Rank: Privt
Age: 22
Enlisted: 11    Mustered: Aug 31, 1863
Remarks:

---------------------------------------------

Confederate:

Elisha Bryant, Co. C, 43rd Infantry [Georgia, inferred]
Age not given
Year: 1862
Source: not known

Note: Men in the 43rd Infantry typically were from North Georgia. However, the counties listed for that regiment (Cherokee, Pickens, Forsyth, Hall, Jackson, and Banks) are not the ones I was really looking for for 'my' Elisha Bryant. I would expect him to be from in or near: Jackson Co., Alabama, Dade Co., Georgia, or Marion Co., Tennessee.

----------------------------------
Second citation for Confederate listing, above:
M266
Compiled Service Records of Confederate Soldiers Who Served
in Organizations from the State of Georgia (NARA)

It does not give his company, though, just the regiment.
----------------------------------

CENSUS POSSIBILITY:

Publication Number: M653
Publication Title: 1860 U.S. Federal Census - Population
Content Source: NARA
State: North Carolina
County: Bertie
Minor Civil Division: [Blank]
Page: 135

Elisha Bryant, 36 (?) Overseer
Francis A Bryant 36
Nancy S. 11
Lucy E 5

--------------------------------------------

My own Elisha Bryant appears in census in Dade County, Georgia, in 1870 and 1880, with his (inferred) wife, Stacey, and their children. I have not yet posted those listings.


No comments:

Post a Comment