Saturday, January 3, 2015

Richard Sizemore Will, Transcription

Here is his will transcribed by dkp (thanks to Winona Jones of Weatherford, Tex. for a copy of the original):

Georgia. Dade County. In the name of God, Amen. I, Richard Sizemore of said state and county, being of advanced age and knowing that must shortly depart this life, deem it right and proper both as respects my family and myself that I should make a disposition of my property with which a kind providence has blessed me; do therefore make my last will and testament hereby revoking all others heretofore made by same.

1st item. I design that my body be buried in a decent and Christian-like manner suitable to my condition in life. My soul, I trust, shall return to rest with God who gave it.

2nd item. I design and direct that all my just debts be paid without delay by my executors hereinafter appointed, as I am unwilling my creditors should be delayed in their right.

3rd item. I give, bequeath and devise to my son Andrew Jackson and Thomas Benton and James Clayton and my daughter Malinda Elizabeth part of lot of land number two hundred and nineteen in the eleventh district of formerly Cherokee, now Dade County, containing one hundred and ten acres with all the rights, members and privaliges (sic) to said lot of land in any wise appertaining or belonging forever.

4th item. I give and bequeath to my son John one sorrel horse and two cows and calves and their increase and six head of sheep and their increase, one yoak (sic) of stears (sic) and cart, one hundred bushels of corn and ten head of hogs, and one rifle gun, and three feather beds and furnature (sic).

5th item. I hereby appoint my son John executor of this my last will and testament this April 18th, 1850.

Richard Sizemore
Registered this 20th of April 1850.
John B. Perkins, Clerk

_______________________________________

Transcription above done by dkp, 2006; filed dated 9 March 2006.

_______________________________________

More About RICHARD SIZEMORE:
Born 1800-1803 Greenville, Greenville, South Carolina; died 1865, Henagar, Dekalb, Alabama; buried Pea Ridge Cemetery, DeKalb Co., Alabama.
Will dated: 18 April 1850, Dade County, Georgia

Other Reference: Find A Grave Memorial: 16562487 - Richard Sisemore
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=16562487

My Ancestor, daughter of Richard and Elizabeth (Forrester) Sizemore:  
Malinda (Lindy) Elizabeth SIZEMORE, b. 28 May 1848 [or 28 March 1848], [of Dade County], Georgia; died 18 September 1938, Long Island, Jackson County, Alabama. Malinda married Peter Cooper on 28 August 1864 in Dekalb County, Alabama.


No comments:

Post a Comment