Thursday, January 26, 2017

Extract: Will of Samuel P. C. Howard, of Ophir, Placer, California (1906)

Will of Samuel P. C. Howard
Ophir, Placer, California
31 August 1906
Brief Extract by: John T. Coleman, Rabun County, Georgia

[This will mentions]:

  • heirs of my deceased brother, Lafayette Howard, of Macon Co., North Carolina
  • heirs of my deceased brother, Pulaske Howard, of Macon Co., North Carolina
  • my sister, Rosetta Norton nee Howard of Macon Co., North Carolina, or her heirs
  • my sister, Marcella McClure nee Howard of Clay Co., North Carolina, or her heirs
  • my brother, Dr. Nicholas F. Howard, of Dahlonega, Georgia, or his heirs
  • my brother, John H. Howard, of Greenfield, Missouri, or his heirs
  • heirs of my deceased sister, Elizabeth Roane nee Howard, of Jefferson Co., Illinois
Appointed Executors: William R. Monahan and Otto F. Walter, of Ophir, Placer, California

"I wish to be buried in the Odd Fellows Cemetery at Auburn, Ophir, Placer, California."

[Dated] 31 August 1906

Witnesses: Fred Lutz
                  A. W. Ellison
__________________________________

These are just brief notes by John T. Howard; he has published a more detailed transcript of the will in a self-published book on the Howard family. It may be found at Rabun County Historical Society and other libraries in Georgia and North Carolina.





No comments:

Post a Comment